Its October already and I feel 2013 is just running by me in fast forward mode[Like, dint we just welcome 2013 yesterday?]. With October here, Halloween is just around the corner and you all know what that means right? Costume party! I know you would all appreciate costume ideas, so I have put together 15 costumes that Hollywood celebrities rocked over the past decade. And if you don't celebrate Halloween or like dressing up for it, then just enjoy the pictures. I always like looking at costume pictures, don't you?
1. Anne Hathway as a Egyptian Queen. Frankly, whenever I think about costumes, Egyptian inspired queen[think Cleopatra] is what comes to my mind first. And it is apparently very popular with the celebrities too. I came across at least 5 celebrities dressed as Egyptians princess over the years. It maybe because Egyptian culture and architectures mystifies all of us? I don't know, but Egyptian costumes are popular.
2. Bethenny Frankel in a Hello Kitty inspired outfit. I put this in here because most girls are fascinated by hello kitty. If you are one of them then this may be a costume idea for you. Its cute and flirty.
3.Camille Grammer as a Pirate Queen. I think this idea is sexy, unique and not weird at all. I mean, when most celebrities try to be unique in their costumes, they end up with awkward and weird ones. But this outfit is fun and elegant at the same time.
4. Christina Aguilera as a hot cop. That red lipstick does all the talking here don't you think? I love her outfit idea here.
5. Chrissy Teigen as a red Indian. If you are looking for unique ideas which are not weird at all, this is something you can consider.
6. Doutzen Kroes as cat woman. Cat woman is again a very popular costume with everyone. The tight black suit seems to attract a lot of costume ideas. But if you ask me, Anne Hathway made for the best cat woman in the Dark Knight movie.
7. This one is more fun than inspiring. Ellen Degeneres as Sofia Vergara: I laughed out loud when I saw this picture. But you can dress up like Sofia Vergara...... ummm, if you are blessed like her that is.
8. Jayde Nicole as queen of hearts. I love this costume idea. Queen-of-hearts hadn't really crossed my mind until I saw this photo. I think if I have to dress up for a costume party, I will choose this one.
9. Kim Kardashian as Red Riding Hood. I like the Kardashians. As in-the-face and irritating they are, I like them. And I think Kim has a unique, edgy fashion sense[not always, what was she wearing to the Paris fashion week yesterday? ewww]. But here, she is dressed as Red Riding Hood. I think this makes for a nice costume idea, doesn't it?
10. Kim Kardashian again as a 1920's star. This is another one of my favorite costumes. So retro, classic chic. I would love to dress up as the 1920's star.
11. Kim Kardashian again as Pison Ivy. Poison Ivy is another popular celebrity costume. I came across at least 3 of them dressed as Ivy. This can be your costume idea if you like green. I don't like the color on my outfit much.
12. Lauran Conrad as a classy flapper. This costume again comes under my favorite. I think I have a inclination for classy retro chic! I love the white flapper costume, so beautiful.
13. Melissa Rycroft as Wilma Flintstone. I think this is such a cute costume idea. I love the Flintstones, don't you?
14. Paris Hilton as a female Robin. I think super hero costumes are cute. Its not really what I would choose to wear, but if you are a super-hero addicted chick, then I think this is a cute idea.
15. Ryan Seacrest and Julianne Hough as Bonnie and Clyde. I think this is such a cute 1960's outfit. Love the idea.
Remember, you don't necessarily have to copy these celebrities, but you can take inspiration from their outfit and modify your outfit to your comfort and taste.
Image source and credits: zimbio and monstersandcritics
P.S: I am planning of doing a Halloween makeup tutorial. Who do you want me to dress up as?
I hope you enjoyed this post,