How to: Rock a Perfect Bodycon Dress ft. H&M
To rock a perfect bodycon dress, you need to have a perfect zero fat body. Because those suckers highlight every fat cell detail on your body in high resolution. When you spontaneously decide to wear a bodycon, the feeling is like using a Mac Book Pro to view a creative you designed using windows. Well, if you are one of those who has a perfect, zero fat body, more power to you. You must be either still very young or you must have enough time and motivation to spend hours at the gym. I used to be that person with almost zero fat on my body until a year ago. But most unfortunately, I have put on a couple of Kgs in this past year and it shows when I wear a bodycon. I am working on getting back to my old body, a new feeling for me because I hate working out and I hate watching what I eat. But I figured looking good and feeling sexy in bodycons is worth the sacrifice and pain. Ugh.
So if you are in the same phase as I am right now and you still want to wear bodycon, then here are a few tips from the pro:
- Choose dark colors always – Its a known fact that dark colors hide the fat and this is especially true when it comes to bodycons.
- Choose a dress with textured material – The smoother the dress the more easy for those fat cells to show up. Texture creates interesting patterns on your body and will avert the eyes of the on-looker to them rather than the fat.
- Even better, if you have the choice, choose a patterned dress instead of a solid colored dress. This is for the same reasons explained in point 2.
- Try looking for a dress that ruffles at the bottom like this one – this will create an illusion of slimmer waist by flaring at the bottom. There are several options at asos.com in this style.
- Use a large belt at the waist – I have not used one here because the styling din’t call for it but there are belts these days that are almost as wide as corsets. These belts look on point and do their job at hiding your waist.
- Use lots of accessories to distract – Similar to how I have used a million silver trinkets here.
- Always wear bodycons with stilettos – highest pointy heels that you can handle. This will make you look taller and leggier and balance out the fat cells.
- The most important trick of them all, use an inner corset, body shaper – Kim Kardashian, who arguably has one of the most iconic bodies does it every time she wears a bodycon. In fact, she recently said in an intervie that on days when she feels extra fat, she wears 2 body shapers underneath – one on top of the other before wearing a bodycon. That might be extreme, seeing that wearing one slack is quite a strenuous job on its own, but if thats what will give you the required confidence, do it! The trick is to find a smooth, line-less body shaper that will not show, but does the tucking. I admit, its quite a task to find a good body shaper in India. But Zivame and Amazon have quite a selection.
Those are my tips. If you have any additional ones, please do share. Also, if you know where I can find a perfect body shaper, let me know.
Outfit and Location Details:
Silver tickets: Project Eve
Shoes: Call it Spring
Location: Helipad at The Promont by Tata Housing